Full Mouth Restoration
Understanding full mouth restoration
You may have severe periodontal disease or many of your teeth missing or damaged. Dr. Raio may recommend that you have all your teeth removed. Our full mouth restoration treatment provides a beautiful, natural smile by generating a harmonious bite offering you the opportunity to chew your food more easily and with more confidence.
Full mouth restoration is a specialized treatment, so patients should try to find an oral surgeon with experience in the procedure. Dr. Raio is an expert certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. In his care, you can expect a patient-focused experience and a high-quality outcome.
Top Full Mouth Restoration Doctor in Long Island NY
Call (631) 447-8073 or click below.
Understanding full mouth restoration
Full mouth restoration is a unique treatment consisting of dental implants that provide the foundation for your permanent, stable dental arch. It could be the perfect solution for you. Don't hesitate to call us if you need more information! With full mouth restoration, the oral surgeon extracts the teeth and puts four or more titanium implants in their place at specific angles. These implants hold the full set of replacement teeth that Dr. Raio places during this surgical procedure.
Full mouth restoration is an excellent alternative for people who might otherwise have to use partial dentures. They can be the best replacement for conventional dentures, which can often cause discomfort and lack stability. These replacement teeth fit perfectly in your mouth and offer all the same functionality as your original teeth.
Why full mouth restoration?
Full mouth restoration implants provide many advantages over other treatments:
- Your mouth will lose bone in the space where a tooth is missing or removed over time. This can weaken your jawbone and, in some cases, prematurely age your face's appearance. Dental implants help you to preserve the bone.
- Full mouth restoration dental implants provide you with a stable and comfortable replacement for missing teeth. You can speak, yawn, and smile just like you could have with your natural teeth.
- Traditional dentures may shift, impact the quality of your speech and limit what you can eat. Implants don't cause these effects.
Enjoy the food you love again - with full mouth restoration.
With full mouth restoration dental implants, you can get back a natural smile that not only feels good but looks and acts more like your own teeth.
Our approach to full mouth restoration
Dr. Raio offers a customized approach based on the needs and preferences of each patient. Here is an overview of the general full-mouth restoration procedure:
- When it comes to your teeth, quality counts. Dr. Raio will design custom-made teeth that fit and look great for you. The time he takes to create the best possible restoration means everything when you consider how natural and comfortable your new teeth will feel.
- Placing implants. When the restoration is ready, you will have an appointment with Dr. Raio. In the same visit, Dr. Raio will extract your remaining teeth and place implants in their place. Afterward, he will attach a restoration onto the implants to restore jaw function. Most patients sleep through the whole procedure and are under general anesthesia until the end of their appointment. In the end, you will have a new set of teeth that look great!
- Healing and strengthening. The jawbone will bond with the implants over the next 6 months. During that time, we advise patients to stick to a diet with softer foods, limit alcohol and not smoke.
- Receiving the Permanent Restoration – Once your dental implants have recovered from being fitted, Dr. Raio will design and place a permanent restoration on your teeth. That will complete the process, and you'll be all ready to enjoy a perfect set of teeth!
Common Questions About Full Mouth Restoration
What can I expect following the procedure? You might feel some discomfort after the procedure, but that is to be expected. Dr. Raio will provide helpful post-surgical care measures for your comfort. It is recommended that you recover for 1 week to allow your body time to heal.
Is full mouth restoration expensive? We can chat about the many ways we can make your treatment more affordable. We'll talk about payment, insurance, and financing options so that you're in complete control of the process. Full mouth restoration often seems to have greater upfront costs, but because the procedure is long lasting and durable it may save you money in the long run. With many treatments, you might have to replace or rework your teeth constantly
Is full mouth restoration fast? Full mouth restoration can be done in one visit and provides you with a full set of teeth. The entire process, however, requires several months to reach completion. Some of our patients also need bone grafts and other pre-implant procedures to ensure the full mouth restoration procedure is a success. Despite this staged approach, the short- and long-term benefits of full mouth restoration make it worth it for many patients.
Make an appointment today
If you need to get a complete restoration on your teeth, learn more about full mouth restoration. Dr. Raio offers appointments in the Medford, New York area. Call our office at (631) 447-8073 or request an appointment.